If you are thinking about where you to go on vacation in 2019, you are reading the right post. Zoning in one destination or experience can be difficult, as there are so many exciting places all around the world. With that in mind, let us look at some of the best holiday for 2019 that awaits you.
Backpacking across Southeast Asia
Backpacking holidays seem to be increasing in popularity with every year that goes by. More and more people are embracing their adventurous side and booking one of these thrilling trips. Southeast Asia offers the ideal location for this type of vacation.
Where are some of the countries you should consider visiting in Southeast Asia?
• Laos - Laos is a stunning mountainous country that is becoming more and more popular. It has a rich history, stretching back 10,000 years. Nowadays, it is one of the main choices on backpackers' trips.
• Thailand - You cannot mention Southeast Asia without talking about Thailand. This is a country boasting one of the most vibrant ambiences and fascinating cultures in the entire world. From the electric Full Moon Parties to the chilled-out beaches, Thailand has it all.
• Indonesia - It doesn't matter how many times you visit Indonesia, it never seems to be enough. There are so many sights to see and places to explore. The world's largest archipelago is home to more than eighteen thousand islands, spanning several time zones.
• Vietnam - Vietnam has long been one of the most popular tourist destinations for those backpacking in Southeast Asia. It is actually one of the fastest growing economies in the entire world.
• Philippines - Last but not least, you should definitely consider incorporating the Philippines into your trip. You will struggle to find a place as unique as this. It boasts the largest Christian nation in the region, a beautiful blend of Spanish romance and sophistication, combined with Asian traditions.
What are some top tips for backpacking in Southeast Asia?
• Go jungle trekking - It doesn't matter where you do it, jungle trekking is a must. There are plenty of incredible jungles in southeast Asia boasting the most diverse wildlife. If you don't experience this at least once you will seriously be missing out.
• Find a good travel agency - When backpacking you will need to keep your costs as low as possible. Finding cheap tickets is imperative. Not only this, but you will want the help of experts who can help you to plan your trip effectively.
• Eat the local cuisine - Local cuisine is cheaper, tastier, and it is a good way of embracing the culture.
• Relax on a tropical island - It is important to take the time to relax and soak in all of your surroundings. There are so many tropical islands in Southeast Asia that offer the ideal place for this.
Skiing in the Alps
If backpacking is not your sort of thing, perhaps skiing will be? And, what better place to go skiing than The Alps?
There are many different ski resorts for you to choose from here. Les 3 Vallees is based here. This is the biggest ski area in the world, connecting eight different resorts using a network of contemporary ski lifts. This means you can easily explore different ski runs and towns during your stay. If you're after some extreme skiing, the likes of Valtournenche-Matterhorn, Breuil-Cervinia, and Zermatt boast the highest altitudes. If you have never been skiing before, Alta Badia in Italy and Les Menuires in France are both good options for beginners.
One of the great things about skiing in The Alps is the luxury that comes with this. You get to enjoy a thrilling activity during the day and then you can relax and indulge in the evening. The accommodation options are particularly impressive. Take a look at Purple Ski Chalet La Petite Pia, which is situated in Meribel - part of Les 3 Vallees. Chalets like this offer luxury at every turn, ensuring you have a ski trip to remember.
What happens if you get to your ski resort and you find that skiing isn't for you? This is something a lot of people fear on their first ski trip. However, there are so many other activities to keep you entertained. This includes guided tours of the local towns and museums, paragliding, paintball, ice driving, quad biking and snowmobiles, carriage driving, winter hiking, snowshoeing, sledging, ice-skating, pilates, and swimming. The outdoor heated swimming pools are a must, offering breathtaking views of the mountains.
Lifestyles of the rich and famous: LA
Los Angeles is a place that needs no introduction. The city has become notorious for its celebrity-oriented culture. It also boasts some of the most famous tourist attractions in the entire world. From Disneyland to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, this is a city like no other. Nevertheless, it's not all about the glitz and the glamour when it comes to Los Angeles. This is a place with a lot of history and culture as well.
The historical areas of LA
• Olvera Street - This is the oldest part of Downtown LA. You will have great fun exploring all Olvera Street has to offer. After all, there are 27 historic buildings of various ages still standing in this area. This includes the Sepulveda House, the Pelanconi House and the Avila Adobe.
• Union Station - This grand station is known as the 'Last of the Great Railway Stations'. It opened 74 years ago in 1939 and plays a significant role in the history of LA let alone the transportation.
Museums and Galleries
• J. Paul Getty Museum (The Getty Centre) - The J. Paul Getty Museum is paradise for any art lover. It contains a wealth of European paintings, decorative arts, illuminated manuscripts, sculptures, drawings, and European and American photographs. This is undoubtedly the number one museum in the whole of LA. It attracts over one million visitors on an annual basis.
• Museum of Tolerance - If you are looking for a unique experience you must take a trip to the Museum of Tolerance. This is the first of its kind. It offers a place whereby individuals can delve into all of the social injustices of the past and the present day. It's a brilliant step towards a peaceful world.
• Hollywood Museum - Could we really mention LA without touching upon its link with the world of the rich and the famous? The Hollywood Museum in the Max Factor Building allows you to step into shoes of some of showbiz's most famous faces, such as Marilyn Monroe and the character Rocky.
A lot of people are often shocked to discover that there is more to LA than meets the eye!
To conclude, if you are thinking about booking a holiday of a lifetime in 2019, you should definitely consider one of the three options that have been mentioned above. All three of the holiday experiences are completely different from one and other, and so you are bound to have a feeling for which one is going to be the best for you.
Happy Travels and as always Happy Styling!